View Single Post
      06-04-2014, 03:59 PM   #2
Augster
Master Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sport

Garage List
Since no one seemed to know (or care) what the part numbers are for the screws, nor could I find a similar screw at a local hardware store, I finally brought a sample screw from a complete LCI Xenon headlight assembly to my local BMW parts dealer, and after 30 minutes of waiting while the parts expert researched it, I was given part number 63122754796 (but only after placing a special order for them because they won't give out part numbers unless an order is submitted); sold in packs of four for $5.30.

RealOEM only shows this part on 6-series E63/64 and X3 E83 for securing headlight modules. Upon receipt, I immediately noticed the head was flatter with a washer-like base integrated into the head, and the shank appeared to be just slightly smaller in diameter. It does seem to hold the modules in place okay but I'm hesitant to really tighten down on them fearing it may pull through the plastic threads because of the perceived smaller diameter. I'm probably being paranoid over nothing as it's still a T20 screw.

Hope this helps someone in the future...
Attached Images