View Single Post
      02-01-2017, 02:11 PM   #12
DWR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedog7700 View Post
I have a question about current tuning for our transmissions. From what i know, people are already manipulating line pressure and shifting characteristics. Ive had my trans slipping issue fixed through email tuning and was told the "torque load limit" wasnt adjusted high enough or something. Was i being lied to or can people already adjust line pressures today? If so, how is this different?
If you are asking can line pressures be manipulated, the answer is a qualified yes. It cannot be done strictly mechanically, because the TCU will either learn it's way around the mod or issue a DTC. No disrepect, but properly tuning a clutch to clutch shifted transmission is way more than adjusting pressures.

I think the biggest difference with the xHP is the control it gives the operator. Second, if your tuner isn't modifying the calibration of the TCU, then they may be implementing a band-aide fix. Finally, there is something bigger going on here. This started as a community led effort and we are fortunate that someone has championed a service that essentially makes TCU tuning (not the flashing method) open source. That means things aren't secrets - the situation are have found yourself in.
Appreciate 1