08-24-2018, 03:42 PM   #634
princelybug
Second Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '11 LBM E90 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadedtux View Post
Question, new here but have admired from a far. Recently bought a 2007 328i for about 6600 with 88k miles. I'm still within my grace period and though I like the car so far and am beginning to get attached, I'm afraid there's going to be issues with the upkeep outside of basic maintenance.

Aesthetically, the car looks prestine for it's age outside of some rim rash. I took it into my local dealer to take care of some recalls on it and the dealer finds that the car needs to have it's oil pan gasket and valve cover gaskets replaced. This along with a realignment clocks in at just about $3800 which is crazy. Needless to say, I was pretty taken back but not stressing because the dealer I got the car from will need to pay for this and fix. I know the talk of buying CPO and all that. Just wondering if there's a way to get an estimate as far as mileage goes as to when I might run into those leaks again and if the car is worth it at that price and mileage.

Again, new to the forum, forgive me if I didn't post in the right area. Just trying to gather as much research as I can before I make the decision to keep or not. Thanks in advance!
Welcome and congrats on your purchase. The gaskets are a known issue. If you're getting them replaced for free, why not? Your car is going to cost less to maintain vs. N54's & N55's in general.

I'm not sure what you mean by "realignment?"

Appreciate 0