View Single Post
      05-26-2019, 08:21 AM   #1
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Aluminum Hose Bib Replacement for T-Stat Hose

I've not seen anyone post a DIY for replacing the plastic hose bib on the Thermostat-to-Head coolant hose for the N52 and N54. The same hose bib is used for either engine.

This is a DIY for removal and replacement of the E9X N52 Thermostat-to-Head coolant hose aluminum hose bib. Cutting the band clamp securing the hose bib risks compromising the hose. Breaking up the old, week plastic hose bib is a better in-car solution using the right tools and does not require complete removal of the hose from the engine. I used a large Channel Lock plyers (it is a Stanley tool actually) and I used a Craftsman water hose clamp plyers. This DIY is based on using similar tools. The procedure breaks up the old hose bib inside the hose end and has risk of leaving old pieces of plastic in the cooling system, which could jam the water pump, so you must be very careful to ensure no small broken plastic falls down the hose.

Please see attached .pdf file for detailed instructions.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf E90 Waterhose Bib replacement_pics.pdf (618.4 KB, 1177 views)
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 07-06-2019 at 09:30 AM..
Appreciate 3
BudVlad359.50
Buug95917177.00