View Single Post
      01-07-2011, 04:34 PM   #52
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Let me see if I can grab a pic of the back of mine. I wish I took pics of this thing when it was still in the box. There's an "overshoot" pipe under the intake runners. There's nothing there on a single stage. Now, those two big pipes on the sides is the only way to get air up to the runners but that overshoot pipe makes changes the resonance properties of the whole thing. The actuator valve is attached to that and divides it in half front to back relative to the car. I'll go to my car right now and see if I can get my phone in ther to get a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorh22 View Post
so no alternate paths?

so the only way air travels from the throttle body to the main plenum is by way of those two large runners? (left/right circled yellow)Attachment 472272

I thought their was something going on with the area circled in green (like a hole), but if not, than the runners are identical to the single stage correct?

so correct me if im' wrong, all the channels/paths are being actuated within the Main Plenum (which has identical volume as the single stage)? correct?
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0