05-07-2010, 09:01 AM   #78
zzzbullseye
BMW Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselmitchell View Post
oh i almost forgot. first to preface, i have not had first hand experience with Dinan or their ecu upgrades; however, from second hand accounts and research on their website I have come to the understanding that certain mods (i.e. the ecu flash) do void your BMW factory warranty.... although dinan, in turn, picks up the warranty where BMW left off. therefore, since you have ht Dinan flash, your BMW warranty does not exist; Dinan now bears the responsibility of said warranty... anyone please correct me if i have misspoken. or verify if you can.
I don't believe your characterization of the Dinan warranty is entirely accurate. Purchasing a Dinan tune doesn't unilaterally void your factory warranty. The Dinan warranty is intended to supplement the factory warranty in the event BMW determines damages/failures are due to the Dinan tune. The factory warranty remains intact and the consumer should expect coverage through it on all repairs unless it's determined the tune caused the damage...then the Dinan warranty provides coverage. It boils down to a negotiation between BMW and Dinan.

Last edited by zzzbullseye; 05-07-2010 at 09:10 AM..
Appreciate 0