View Single Post
      08-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
NEVER ENUF
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

High altitude results- Bandimere

Hello all, been on here a while but don't post much. I've had a few N54's now but just started modding them. I took my car (08 e92 335 XI 6 SPD)to the track a couple months back to get a stock baseline number. I ran a 13.93 98.8 MPH as my best. I thought it to be pretty good for a stock car and jumped in and bought some parts.

Last night I went to the track with these mods:
Injen intake
HPF exhaust
JB4 G5 set at map 1
Enkei RPF1 wheels/tires (I only mention because they are considerably lighter than the stock 17's)

And my best time last night was, drum roll please...a whopping 13.727@100.25.

My wife has a 2010 E90 335i x-drive auto that I installed a BMS DCI and JB4 G4 on. On map 0 it ran 14.4@96.X and when we switched to map 1 she was able to get a best of 13.9x @ 98.8 MPH.

My thoughts are for stock these cars were rolling out pretty good. With the mods I am dissapointed in the times. While I know the times can be driver, what most surprised me is only picking up about 1.5-2mph on each car.

My conclusion is its the altitude that is making the tuner do very little. Thoughts from the local guys that have been running up here? Are you able to get these tiny stock turbos doing better for you?

I have a few other parts sitting in the garage waiting to go on but wanted to get some opinions first.
Appreciate 0