View Single Post
      11-09-2014, 03:40 PM   #43
0zzy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2 E92 (3series coupe) '08, '11

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
My car had cloth seats. Retrofitting leather seats was on my list and finally a pair came to my local breaker. The only problem was that it was fully electric and heated with memory.

Fitting that to a car which had manual seats was a challenge and I love challenges. Google search revealed that it is possible, however most of the members had some sort of wirings already in their seats. They had to just add K-Can wiring.

Well I bought the seats and started working on it. The parts and the new wirings only cost around £75 which was at the top of the expenses for the leather seats.

So, when it comes to fitting these seats, I had to strip the car including the central arm rest. Stripping that, laying new wires and making sure things worked, took me good 8 hours. I made sure that everything was done properly and no shortcuts!

A photo for reference (Guess what is in the photo)

Next comes coding, which took about 1.5 -2 hours and finally I am happy to say that I have retrofitted full electric heated seats with memory. Everything works and now car is even more pleasure to drive.
Hey mate,

I have two BMW 3 serie coupes (E92). One is a feb '10 320D auto with manual black seats. Before I sell the '07 plate 320i coupe I need to move the car's cream leathers (electronic) into the '10 plate model.

I've encountered so many problems with doing this, no mechanic is willing to try.

I recently found a part-time mechanic who lives down the road. He is very capable in most areas of auto-works. However in the electrical department he isn't so skilled.

I just read this thread and of course it appears that not only have you done this but are also very skilled in the field.

I was wondering if you were willing to give me your number and as he starts the work if he were to run into some issue he could call you for tips and guidance?

Please get back to me, cheers.

0zzy.
Appreciate 0