View Single Post
      09-06-2019, 06:29 PM   #1
TGSN_
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330xi 6MT

Long Crank, Sometimes starts

In need of some help. I did some research on the forums myself and still can’t figure this problem out. I have very limited time because of work, and the weather hasn’t been all that great. But as of last week, my car has been down. I’m experiencing long cranks on startup and now it no longer starts. I tried jumping it before actually diagnosing, no go. Changed the battery for a new one. Nothing changed. Ran the scanner and I’m getting p0335. Which is the Crankshaft position sensor circuit a. I purchased a sensor online which claimed to be OEM spec replacement for $80 installed and same exact results. Purchased one from orielly and same result. Car cranks but doesn’t turn on. So I don’t know if I can rule out the sensor to be bad. I tried the oem that I had removed and same results as the other two. I purchased a OEM crankshaft position sensor from BMW just to be sure (haven’t received in mail yet). I verified my installations to be correct. Sometimes I can get the car to start if I pump the gas pedal. And when it does start, the car is running poorly and seems like it’s in limp mode and very rich. Not very familiar to the BMW game like that, but I try my best to learn and fix the issues that I can with my time and money. Thanks to those who read the post, and anyone who can give some insight on the problem. I really miss my car 😢

Just tried something, I unplugged the harness to the crankshaft position sensor. Car cranks but still long. Basically no difference whether the harness was plugged into the crankshaft position sensor. Same code p0335, p0335 pd. Ran the car with Inpa and it reports back a code related to the crankshaft sensor.
Appreciate 0