12-09-2005, 08:24 PM   #4
DILLIGAF
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 SG 330i ZSP MT CA

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Too bad i didn't know of this forum before i ordered my E90 but heres my experience from 3 dealers in the GTA prior to odering my car.

I just ordered a 2006 330i with sport package, SG metallic paint, and comfort access 3 weeks ago from Parkview BMW. I got $1100 off the suggested retail which works out to close to 2% of the purchase price. My salesman is throwing in winter car mats. I am also purchasing aftermarket replica BMW rims with snow tires which he offered to put on the car free of charge when I take delivery.

Before hand I went to 3 dealers in the GTA (Parkview, Town&Country, BMW Experience Centre in Whitby). Just inquiring about what kind of discount I could get all 3 pretty much said they would give $500 off the purchase price. However my salesman at Parkview said he'd seen people get as much as 2% off (which is what i got), the salesman at Town&Country said that if I asked for $1000 off the purchase price I'd be shown the door, and the saleswoman in Whitby wouldn't say anything more than $500 without me getting into more serious negotiations about buying from them.

That said I enjoyed my purchasing experience at Parkview which is why I went with them. My salesman was knew the product well after being with BMW for 8 years and was honest with his opinions and meeting my needs. Plus right off the bat I was told I would be very likely to get approximately 2% off the purchase price.

Town & Country...it was a nice added touch to have a person employed who's sole job is to greet you at the door and put you with a salesperson if you so desire. Now the salesman they put me with was knowledgeable and gave me some good advice. He said to beware of the extra costs (freight, PDI, gas tax, admin fees, etc.) and to compare them between dealers cause they aren't always the same. And he was right. But really between the 3 dealers I went to there was only about a $100 difference in that regard. The reason I was swayed away from this dealer was that they pretty much told me I wouldn't get close to $1000 off (but i knew i could at Parkview).

BMW Experience Centre in Whitby...I found out that the owners of Parkview recently purchased this dealership and will be taking over the operations on January 1, 2006. I don't fully understand how this works with the dealer currently being a corporate store. Anyhow the day I was there the saleswoman I dealt with wasn't very enthused (though she reluctant did) to take me outside in the rain to show me the difference between a sport seat (only had one on a mdel outside) and a regular seat (had one in the showroom).