Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i / 2014 M235i

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilime75 View Post
I've been using the Mother's branded one, and I like it. Like you said, no worries if you drop it, just rinse it off and keep going.

Key is to make sure you use a lubricant(soapy water is fine) with it, never dry. Marring, or micro scratching, can still happen when lubricated, but if you keep the surfaces of the sponge and paint well soaked and rinse the sponge often, you'll minimize them.

Keep in mind you should never do this, whether it's a traditional clay bar, or these sponges, unless you're also ready to polish and wax/seal right after. It's not something you do with every wash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilime75 View Post
I've been using the Mother's branded one, and I like it. Like you said, no worries if you drop it, just rinse it off and keep going.

Key is to make sure you use a lubricant(soapy water is fine) with it, never dry. Marring, or micro scratching, can still happen when lubricated, but if you keep the surfaces of the sponge and paint well soaked and rinse the sponge often, you'll minimize them.

Keep in mind you should never do this, whether it's a traditional clay bar, or these sponges, unless you're also ready to polish and wax/seal right after. It's not something you do with every wash.
Yes absolutely I did mother's polish and nufinish wax
Appreciate 0