03-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #172
vince217
Second Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2011 r56 non-s

Garage List
to OP:
i think what others have been trying to say is that a 335 is not a typical first car, no matter how much money you or your family may have. its not about how much it costs up front, but all of the other things... how to handle the speed, the insurance costs associated a car such as this, and of course the repair and maintenance costs. i assume you won't be shouldering any of these costs as well, or else you would have chosen a car that costs less to upkeep.

i assume that since your bro has an R32 (i assume a VW and not a Nissan), your dad must also know about cars and is not just buying this because it fits in the budget he gave you. i know that when the time comes, i would want to buy my sons nice cars that fit my budget, as long as i knew them competent enough not just to drive them, but to take care of them as well.

just drive safe, know what you are getting yourself into.

the last thing we all want is another thread complaining about insurance / maintenance / repair costs, or even worse another story in the news about a kid (16 years is still a kid, no offense) getting into an accident.

with great power comes great responsibility - Uncle Ben