View Single Post
      10-18-2018, 03:53 PM   #5
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

So I probably have a similar setup, albeit with a sedan. You could get some Bilstein B4sports to have a similar ride with a quality shock. Those are fairly cheap, but you could always upgrade to a B6/8 as you see fit.

I'm not sure if the M-sport suspension also included solid bushings, but I want to say no. So you could also do control arms depending on how yours are doing. Lots have replaced with M3 control arms which are plug and play. I went for stock OE Lemforders, but it's a personal choice.

If you're up in your suspension, you're in the wheel well. As such you could inspect/check/replace the following. Note that most will throw a code before you have to take a look.

- Xenon/Hallogen bulb replace (if applicable) (requires wheel liner replace)
- Fog light bulb
- Adaptive headlight (if applicable); sensor attached to control arms for ride height.
- ABS sensor to make sure it's clamped together tight (just noting since mine wasn't) but you'll probably take that off anyway to do suspension.
- Brakes to make sure you don't have irregular wear. Mine had a stuck piston at one point.
- Inspect tires for irregular wear
- Control arms: esp Thrust arm bushings (just replace with entire control arms if bad); check especially the fronts to include the tie-rod. Decide if you want to get M3 control arms. Rears are usually fine, but inspect those as well.

Everything else is just in another section, but again, most of those items beside the suspension pieces themselves will throw some sort of code when they are failing.
Appreciate 2
wdb4721.50