02-11-2007, 05:35 AM   #8
jhbodle
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT9 View Post
Can you give me some tips on how you won this battle? I have tried to get this trim back on for 15 minutes, then I decided to get some help online before I damage something. I tried "aligning the four clips" on the rails and sliding the trim forward and only got one front clip on succesfully, the other 3 clips did not engage. :mad:

I feel so frustrated after 15 minutes trying to get the flipping trim back on that I thought about buying pulling the 4 clips from the car and buying new clips. I think those clips are one-way, and once you pull them out, they cannot be reused. With the new clips, I can slide them into the rails first before putting them on the car.
Yup, that's what I did most of the time. The clips are very cheap to buy from the dealer and the existing ones are very hard to remove! You will still have to remove the existing clips though, and in my experience the top part sometimes breaks off, leaving the rest of the clip in the hole with no way of pulling it up. The only option then is to push it through the hole. This is not a good thing, because there is no way to retrieve it after that and it will just rattle around in your car forever. Be very careful when removing them!
Appreciate 0