07-21-2019, 10:11 AM   #14
007_e350
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i 2008 MHD'd / x5d E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED-d View Post
I have the same delayed 2-3 shift. Up to and over 3000 prm's. Like you it's intermittent. I changed my seals and solenoids, and while I had the VB off, I installed the zip kit and new separator plate. I thought it was going to take only 6-7 qts of oil, but I ran out of oil before it started dripping. I'll warm it up this weekend and add more fluid, then reset adaptations. I'm at 145k miles and did a fluid/filter change at 122k miles. Hope it helps. I'm concerned because I had significant buildup on my magnets after 20k miles.
Reality is if you haven’t done trans service at 70k, the damage is done... now you may get away with it at 80k if the car isn’t pushed that hard but that’s the limit, issues will start emerging as early as 130k
Also bmw stinks the way they do partial fillup, TC holds a large amount of oil that doesn’t get changed, I usually do the flush three times until it becomes light brown ... this time I’m gonna take a chance and try the oil cooler line method, will circle back ... enjoy the d!
Appreciate 0