View Single Post
      09-10-2008, 11:50 AM   #18
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiKWiD335xi View Post
Hi everyone. I have a quick question about going into "Sleep Mode". I opted to take the easier route and just locked the doors, kept the hood open, and I had dinner while I was waiting so it was more than 30 minutes (my engine was warm at the time). I then went and proceeded with the install.

Now, I noticed afterwards that the little amber light next to my shifter(steptronic) was still lit up. Does that indicate that my ECU never went into sleep mode? The SSTT is in my car, I drove it today but not aggressively due to traffic. I do feel a difference but I also installed a new intake. I want to make sure that this chip is working.

I just got the car on Saturday, my previous car was an 04 325xi sedan and this car is so much faster. Since it's so soon I don't have a good feel on the power of the car. Should I disconnect the battery? Keep in mind that the car also sat over night with no disruptions for a good 5 hours while I slept.

Thanks.
If you think something is up, just disconnect the battery for a few mins, reinstall the SSTT, and go out and do some WOT runs, it'll adapt just fine after that!
Appreciate 0