View Single Post
      10-01-2019, 12:00 PM   #5
FaxData
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 330e (F30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEQuest View Post
One other question. I upgraded to a CIC system and have a emulator box to allow the navigation to work. Changing my date to 03/11 didn't work for navigation. Will the emulator I installed or the 03/11 date cause any issues? The main reason I am doing this is because my comfort access is gone.
The emulator should not cause issues (although that doesn't mean it can't). It's job is to disrupt communications between the CIC and the CAS so the CIC cannot do a VIN verification for the stored security certificate (FSC) in the CIC. Changing the date would not overcome the VIN mismatch, btw, so is not a method to activate navigation in a CIC unit that came from another car. Nor is simply changing the VIN in the CIC unit, because then there would be a mismatch between the CIC and the FSC.

You might as well default code CAS first, and if that doesn't work then you can try taking the emulator out.

The 0311 build date will not cause issues with comfort access; at least it did not do so for me. I did not default code CAS after updating my build date though.
Appreciate 1