Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEQuest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEQuest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaxData View Post
The emulator should not cause issues (although that doesn't mean it can't). It's job is to disrupt communications between the CIC and the CAS so the CIC cannot do a VIN verification for the stored security certificate (FSC) in the CIC. Changing the date would not overcome the VIN mismatch, btw, so is not a method to activate navigation in a CIC unit that came from another car. Nor is simply changing the VIN in the CIC unit, because then there would be a mismatch between the CIC and the FSC.

You might as well default code CAS first, and if that doesn't work then you can try taking the emulator out.

The 0311 build date will not cause issues with comfort access; at least it did not do so for me. I did not default code CAS after updating my build date though.
OK, thanks, I see how that works now. I plan to update my CIC eventually so I don't need an emulator.
Make sure to flash CIC with icom, it'll fail if done with kdcan
I only have the OBD2 DCAN cable. Where can I get a DCom cable from? I have not looked into what software, etc for the CIC yet. That is why I just bought an emulator to get it working quickly.
You might not need to update it. What version of CIC do you have? Read it with ncs expert and if you see CIC.C1A then you don't need to update. You just need to use a patcher to generate fsc to get navigation working. Or you can use emulator, whichever works
Appreciate 0