View Single Post
      09-26-2009, 05:55 AM   #43
Car_Girl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 xDrive 5.0i

A few people mentioned that the pics look a bit soft - that could be in small part due to image conversion prior to posting the images if you shot these in native format first. (It's called RAW format for Canon, not sure what Nikon calls their format). I've noticed when I convert mine, if I generate jpgs for web, I sometimes get a softening effect - I haven't muddled around with these settings enough to figure out how to avoid this effect but I do know that sometimes the RAW image appears sharper.

Also, the lens quality has a major impact - buy the best glass you can afford and you won't regret it.

Great pics!! You could convert some into Black and White and leave the tail lights red - those can turn out pretty cool.

There are some other creative things you may or may not have tried already. On long exposure shots, have a driver drive the car while the shutter is open and you can 'streak' the tail lights.

You might want to invest in a star filter - it's a screw on filter you add to the front lens element. The filter has a grid on it and the way it works is that the grid lines alter the light flow thru the lens opening so that point sources for light turn into stars. Filters vary for the number of star points - e.g. 4 point stars, 8 point stars, etc. I received one for my birthday. They're fun and would be perfect for a night time shoot.

More pics please!!
Appreciate 0