View Single Post
      08-02-2010, 07:25 AM   #989
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park828 View Post
anyone else did a 2010 cic unit upgrade? my march 07 build car has external sirius and external hd radio units.

when i got the 2010 cic unit installed... there is one more ant connection that i didn't have the wire for... Im guessing this is for the built in sirius unit. we were able to code the 2010 cic to use my ext sirius tuner but the 2010 extra features like pause and stuff disappeared.

also i was able to completely remove my ext hd radio unit and had the internal hd radio tuner activated. but we have a strange problem with the am radio.. i dont get any chs. just static as if the ant is not connected at all..

I'm sure all this will be figured out soon.

im sure i can just start to use the internal built in sirius tuner and get the 2010 features by running the sirus ant cable from the existing unit to the back of the cic.

any way i can find that cable?
I think that you will need to replace your sharkfin antenna for a MY2010 FM/AM/Sirius combo sharkfin antenna. And probably you would need to take a look at the antenna amplifier as well, it could be possible that it changed from MY2007 to MY2010.
Appreciate 0