RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
I'd say this.

No 1, Unlike UGA, Alabama knows how win in close games.

No 2 I also think, unlike other defenses on UGAs schedule, Alabama can employ the same defensive scheme they used against Stetson Bennet last year which got him benched in that game.

Bennet is really short so Bama kept him in the pocket with their hands up. Bennet can't make completions if he can't see or his passes keep getting knocked down at the LOS. I suspect a couple of turnovers off tipped passes

No 3. The game is kinda irrelevant for UGA. I really don't know if UGA is going to show up for this game. They're guaranteed to make the playoffs and I don't think they believe they can blowout Alabama in order to keep them out of the playoffs.

No 4: It is UGA. 3-decades of underperforming is difficult to overcome.
I agree with 2 and 4 and think if Georgia can't pull it off this year, they may never do it again. Everything is there for their taking. I mostly agree with 1, except Bama lost a close game this year to TAMU and their other close games were to teams not nearly as good at Georgia.

For 3 , I think it is relevant mentally for Georgia to beat Bama and win the SEC (addressing #4). It would also knock Bama out so they wouldn't need to face them again and solidify the #1 seed. Also, they are rolling and it would be much better momentum-wise to beat Bama heading into the playoffs than have a letdown loss.

I don't think Bama is at quite the same level this year as last and I think Georgia is as good as they have been in a long time. Can never count Bama out of a big game but, like I said, I'm just not sure Georgia will ever have a better chance than right now.
F32Fleet3571.50