04-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #39
Patsfan123
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_thompson View Post
My wife's '08 328xi has an N52. My '09 128i has an N51. Maybe the law went into effect in '09. That would explain why your '07 328xi has the N52.
Not sure, I think its the luck of the draw. Both of our cars are 2007's. I know both cars are equipped with Cali emissions because I wouldn't be able to purchase/register the car if it did not. Don't want to turn this thread into a debate about the law though.

Sorry about not getting pics, I only had my phone on me and the pictures would not have been very clear. Next time I am at the parents, I will be sure to find the good camera and take some shots. To be honest though, the engine bays looked entirely identical except for the DISA motors on his intake mani. If you weren't looking for it, you wouldnt notice the difference between the 2 engines. I think it is a safe bet to say that many more people have the N51 without knowing.