11-29-2012, 07:33 AM   #18
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Would be nice to see some pics of the exhaust.

The sprint booster is a bit like the old JB3 'pedal target' setting on the 335i, it simply works by getting you to full throttle only part way through the pedal travel. So if you get 100% throttle at 50% pedal travel if feels very sharp, but then pushing the pedal past 50% makes no more difference as you're already flat out!

So it is just like mashing the throttle, can't be anything else, but agree it feels much more responsive due to the small movement of your foot.

As your right foot is used to needing large movement to get downshifts, now it gets them with a small movement instead.

But as with the JB3 pedal target, it does change the feeling of the car, strange but true!

I agree with that 100% I would also add that in an Auto, the speed of getting power to the wheels from a standstill is quicker than I can every dream of acheiving by mashing the pedal to the floor without it fitted.....again "strange but true"