View Single Post
      08-24-2019, 05:36 AM   #3
insanesam
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemcmullen45 View Post
About a month ago I got a low coolant warning light, and when the engine cooled off I checked, and it was low. I filled it up to the top with distilled water, and everything was fine from there. After a couple of days it went low again so I topped it off with distilled water yet again. I noticed over the last month that it was only when I used my AC that it went low, and where I am it’s 100°+ all day and I’m of course going to use my AC. When the engine is running I notice no signs of leaks and there’s no puddled coolant anywhere. My guess was that because I kept filling it with distilled water that it was boiling and then steaming and evaporating. So I did a partial coolant flush with BMW coolant, did everything right and bled the system properly. For about 3 days I had no problems until yesterday my low coolant light came on again, had no choice but to top it with distilled water. Now every morning I check my coolant reservoir and it’s always at least a little bit too low so I fill it to the correct level. Any guesses what this could be?
Had the same issue. Replacing coolant expansion tank with new cap fixed it. I still lose coolant but i think within "normal" ranges
Appreciate 0