View Single Post
      07-02-2019, 05:06 PM   #18
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Since Im communicating with 3 different people about the car right now I decided to post this in this thread to give an update.

Last week I started getting a single Vanos code 2A87 that would come on as soon as i started to drive the car. I cleared the code, then drove the car and it would come back. I did this about 4 times and it was very consistant, so at this point i decided to swap the solenoids and the code followed the solenoid and then i repeated the same thing, 4 resets and as soon as i started driving it came back on.

So at this point I can tell that the at least one of the solenoids were bad (ive included a photo of them removed) and since these arn't the original oem ones Im sure that doesnt help. I then swapped in a solenoid that I had removed from my old e93 that i swapped out when my e93 produced the same code. One of the solenoids was good, the other would stick a tiny bit so im not sure which one I installed.

After a day of driving in traffic and putting on about 40 miles The codes have not returned. I also did an oil change since I do my oil change intervals at 5k miles or 1 year which ever hits first. I posted a picture of my oil temp in traffic and as you can see even with all my mods the Mutol combined with my intercooler, work very well at keeping the oil temps down. I dont even have an oil cooler, and never needed one since my oil temp stays around 220 to 235 degrees even in 95+ degree weather.
Attached Images

2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)

Last edited by buster84; 07-02-2019 at 06:13 PM..
Appreciate 0