View Single Post
      07-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #560
Turkeybaster115
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by 968tomr View Post
My questions though is this. Does the BMW Performance Power Kit solve the temperature issue? The kit contains all of the additional cooling hardware and software that is found on the z435is, 335is, and 1M. I would think (like to believe) that BMW would not let an M product out of the door that could not lap for days on end without any trouble at all.
-Tom
I've made this comment earlier in the thread, but I will make it again. I've followed the 1M forums, and in 80F+ weather they are seeing very high oil temps. Guys are hitting 280F after just a few laps. Sorry but the PPK won't cut it. IMHO. Its just 0.5L more of radiator, which obviously won't do a thing, especially with the 1M's additional power, and thus heat. Most of us see the exact same results by turning on the heater. The coolant then flows through the heat exchanger (0.5L), and is blown by a fan. Same exact thing as adding an auxiliary radiator. The PPK also adds a larger fan, and runs the water pump harder. All that still doesn't hold a candle to STETT/ER Oil cooler + diluted coolant and water wetter.
Appreciate 0