View Single Post
      12-12-2018, 02:30 PM   #1
starbuck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Msport

Eurocharged vs Dinan Tune N55

To start, I have searched on this extensively but have been able to find detailed information that would allow me to compare and for my specific purpose.

Often I see the suggestion to go JB4 and MHD however, I would prefer a flash tune, and the local support of vendors like Eurocharged, or the industry reputation like Dinan.

That being said, this is where I am having trouble choosing between the Eurocharged tune or the Dinan S2 Tune. My target is to see a noticeable increase in power, while maintaining the longevity and reliability of my motor ie. Mid 300's for both HP and TQ to the wheel. Considering Im already PPK tuned, my worry is the Dinan may be too conservative and not noticeable at that price.

**Note: Will NOT be doing Catless or Catted DP

2011 E92 335i Xdrive (AT) - N55
-43,000kms with 5w40 Liquimolly oil changes every 5000kms
-Typically filling with Petro 94 or Shell 91
-AFE Dry Drop-In Filter
-PE Mod
-PPK Tuned

Option 1: Eurocharged Tune Stage 1
- Roughly $1K CAD
- Results vary based on mods and other conditions, but overwhelmingly positive reviews
- Seems that boost is set to roughly 17-18PSI
(im not sure if this is too much for sustained periods on stock motor/turbos and how it may affect longevity)

Option 2: Dinan S2 Tune
- Roughly $1.2K CAD
- Mixed reviews on this
- Unable to confirm but boost may be set lower around 13-15psi
- Their site also seems to indicate other changes ie. increase of waterpump speed for better cooling

Hoping some of you are on either of these tunes and can chime in, even better if you went from PPK to one of these tunes to speak to the differences. Any insight is appreciated.
Appreciate 0