Scottz71
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F25 X3 - Space Grey

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesier1111 View Post
Hey everyone, I saw on TV years ago (might have been MTV, sorry) a race in teh U.S. that was like Gumball in Europe. Multiple days (but each day you hit a check point, hung out with the other drivers and stayed over), driving a route, see who got there first. Don't think it was totally cross country but might have. Was almost like a GIANT BMW meet with a little competition thrown in.

Does anyone know of anything like this anywhere in the states? If this is common knowledge and I'm just the one idot who forgot to show up to the party to flame me too bad . Thanks

Spike TV has done 2 or 3 seasons of Gumball 3000's one from East to West Coast, another from West to East Coast, and I think another is in the works from Seattle to Miami...the Great Gumball 5000...

The shows are all powder-puffed, with 'simulated' race footage, a lot of young half-naked chicks partying, and lots of stupid ricer and tuner guido's who have NO clue how to drive their cars (or treat them for that matter)...!

The show was a waste of time...you're better served getting together with your local group, enjoying a nice PA back-road (you've got a lot in Bucks County), and loving on your ride...

Just my humble opinion...
'07 E92 335i - Space Gray (Brock) retired
'15 i3 REx Giga World - Capparis White (Randy) retired
Appreciate 0