View Single Post
      02-23-2017, 11:34 AM   #5
Infremo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black n54is View Post
Op I'm iS and went catted, resonators in place of secondaries. Perfect for me, get no rasp to my ear. Exhaust note is subjective, some like just a tad of rasp on the high end cuz it sounds like an exotic car for them... To me not so much.

JasW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasW View Post
As Black suggests, it is subjective. One man's rasp is another's aggressive exhaust note.

I put on ar Design catless DPs and was overwhelmed by what I found to be rasp at 4500 to 5500 RPM. I deleted the secondary cats and replaced them with Vibrant resonators, and it made no difference at all (save for giving me plenty of stink and smoke since I was now completely catless down the line).

I replaced the catless DPs with Cobb catted DPs and that only helped some. There is still a metallic bite to the exhaust note at the 4500-5500 RPM range.

I've learned to live with it. Part of it is the fact that I have an E93 IS, so the top is down frequently. It may well sound different to other ears. In fact, when I hear it on video, it sounds different than live.
Thanks! I have the exact same car as you actually xD (e93, Le Mans Blue, Saddle Brown )
Appreciate 0