QUiKSR20
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 328i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
How is your latest work? I looked over the thread and agree with the last few posts. I think you initially were trying to push the OEM underseats too low.

It is normal for the center to seem quite strong with Logic7 initially, you will learn to love it, of course since you haven't installed the R4's in the doors yet the center is going to be the most efficient driver in the car. However, the MS-8 should account for that.

I'm still getting my own system dialed in, finding better results at the -26 to -28dB range (amped) I think -20 to -25 should work for you but try all the way to -30 if it helps. If you notice "scratchy" distortion when turned up, you probably calibrated at too LOW a volume.
Thanks for the reply, The latest sounds decent but still need to tweak a little more..

Currently the R4's are not installed but will be soon with a 5 month old at home its been busy but I hope to have some time tom to play with some more configurations.

Im sure in time it will sound great and I will get more use to the center channel.

The one thing im noticing now is when the bass hits its not as smooth sounding for lack of a better word ( hard to explain ).
Instead of a nice smooth boom boom its more of a battt batt batt sound.. Not really distortion but like its at a hz it doesnt like I think its at 200hz/24

I cant wait to get it perfect, Each time im noting what I change so its only a matter of time.

R4's will go in soon and towards the end of the summer a VP box / amp.

Last edited by QUiKSR20; 07-09-2012 at 02:39 PM..
Appreciate 0