View Single Post
      08-01-2016, 07:07 PM   #12
bacardi198
Yolo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i EBII

PichaDis11 NYBulldog djkevinnn jorgino @NYC_SGM_E90 (tried tagging you, forum wouldn't do it?) many thanks gentlemen, I appreciate the kind words! Ton of work, but definitely worth it in the end! Going to reply to questions/comments in the thread so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k335d View Post
Thank you for sharing. Im looking in to doing the same as you have done here so i have about 100 question lol.

Can i ask what emulator you used and what was involved as far as coding and changing the VO?

Thanks
Kris I just saw your PM, I'll PM you back but also post here so anyone else in the future will see the answers. I went with the CarSystems.com.ua adapter -- Alex there is awesome, and their products are outstanding. Custom Retro Fit .ro (take out spaces, I'm not sure why it was censored by the forum) is one of their resellers and you can purchase through them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRik View Post
Wow looks really good! Im guessing you did the install on your own? How bad was it? and How long did it take you?? Im thinking of doing the same here soon
That's right, 100% on my own! It honestly wasn't all that bad, for the entire install, including the dash swap, it was about 2 days worth of work. I could have done it all in one day, as I would leave the car to take breaks and do other things throughout the day (ADHD, yes!). I would recommend doing it for sure, it's such a huge quality of life improvement for driving -- the Dynavin N6 is great, don't get me wrong, but this looks much better and I love the OEM-ness of it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Bilzerian View Post
Bumping so I can revert back to ask you questions along this daunting task I'm about to take on. lol
Haha, no worries Dan! When (not if!) you get started on your project, feel free to post up your questions and I'll do what I can for help, tips, and guidance. Going to bold this to grab everyone's attention -- I also don't mind shooting anyone my number for your day of install in case you have emergent questions; I know that would have been super helpful during my install, but the few snags I hit were quickly resolved through searching a few E90 pinout diagrams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaputme View Post
Bump..

Did you do a lot of coding?? and what did it cost????
Not much coding involved actually, just a few VO changes and a few things with KOMBI so that the car knows to send diagnostic messages and accept/save changes to the key profile (what you normally would set through the BC menu, now goes over iDrive as well). Cost-wise, I didn't keep a complete log of what my total was, but I can roughly estimate everything (including dashboard, and not selling any extra parts) was under $1700. I am going to sell my original dash a few other extra pieces to recoup some money in the future I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2M View Post
good job, but now iDrive 5.0 is out
Thanks brotha, I'm actually going to swap in the NBT EVO here shortly! I don't have any intentions of doing the EVO with the hand gestures, I wouldn't honestly use them -- I'm just interested in Apple CarPlay with the new NBT EVO system so that's what I'm headed for!
Appreciate 1
k335d80.00