05-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #16
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRomeo View Post
wow 99k km that was too quick in my opinion. I wonder what factor determine the lapse of time between the replacements...
My original water pump when out at 5000mi. The second went out at 175,000 mi. The second one had a different part number. There have been more than one revision to these. Also, I'm having a different issue with the water pump. Mine will go into low power mode if I push the car hard. I read a service bulletin about it and it said it's one of three issues: Insufficient ground, insufficient voltage, or faulty water pump. It's a new water pump and the freeze frame info says 14V when the error occurred. So I'm guessing it's insufficient ground due to the wires getting old from heat cycling and building resistance. It might be what's causing the water pump to fail. Check for codes before replacing. Also check this SB: SIB120405. It outlines the steps to check the wiring for proper voltage and resistance.
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0