United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azines View Post
Sorry to go off topic on the thread, but I have a question concerning Eibach springs as well,

I was planning to originally lower my car on Eibach pro-kit springs just to close off the annoying front wheel gap the x-drive models get. I don't track the car, or beat on it in any way.
By all means, id does see some spirited driving from time to time, but otherwise I try to baby it being a daily driver.

My dilemma is, would I be sacrificing a lot of comfort driving wise if i went for a minimal drop with the Eibach pro-kit?
I understand the car will be a little bit more firm around the edges, but I don't mind to an extent. Would it be safe to go with the springs alone?
Being that the car is nearing its 10th birthday and over 70k miles, would it be a better choice to replace other suspension parts as well, just of the age? Or even go with a coilover kit?

I'm also curious if anybody had any issues with lowering the car on spacers? I'm running 12mm on the front, but my main concern is the rear.
I'm running 20mm in the back, had it installed for over 15 months, and the car does not rub even with passengers in the back.
Did anybody on here successfully lower their rear with 20mm without much fender rolling? Or will rolling be most likely necessary?
Get the b12 lowering kit. You might have to make your rear spacers 15mm. You'll have to get adjustable sway bar end links, if you want the sway bars to work correctly. Look into Hotchkiss front & rear kit.
Appreciate 0