United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISSA335 View Post
Finally have some extra cash to spend on the 335i already getting the car painted at the end of the month because I have yet to paint all the M3 style body panels. But looking to get some other much needed mods done, ill list them you guys tell me what you think and if you have any recommendations. Thanks!

10% window tint all the way around
MHD stage 2 tune and a tablet
One step colder NGK plugs
ARM 5in FMIC
Stage 2 fuel pump
Color changing halos
and some smoked taillight overlays

Note I already have decatted downpipes, going to be running E85 and shooting for 420-450hp, This is the car in its current state
First -

Take care of the laundry list before you tune, or you will have trouble.

1) new plugs
2) new coils
3) intake valve cleaning
3) new injectors, if they have 100,000 miles or more on them.

Second -

Get -

1) Aluminum Charge pipe
2) Dual intake cones or better Cold Air Intake box like an AFE Momentum GT
3) 5" or 7" stepped FMIC
4) 1.75" Silicone inlets
5) 1.5 to 2.0" Silicone outlets

Th whole idea is to max out the amount of "cold" air going to the Turbos in order to generate HP. The outlets won't generate much HP on stock turbos, but they will set you up for success (20-30hp gains) in the future on non-stock Turbos.

I agree with the poster(s) about tint & savings account for your N54.

1) the second you tune, the lifespan of the injectors, coils & plugs gets cut in half. So, you'd be smart to get them from FCP Euro, where you get a lifetime Warranty. Although BAP has a sweet deal in index 12 injectors for about $1000.00 with lifetime warranty.

N54's are not cheap to maintain. Trust us on that. The N54 is a great but temperamental engine at times.

2) I'd check w/ your state's law regarding "tint" and what the legal limit is. I wouldn't go over that limit. I'd also carry the receipt for that tint job, which specifically states the % put on the car, in your glove box. This way if an officer tries to write you a ticket, you can avoid that problem right, then & there. It really sucks to have to show up to court with a document that says you have removed the tint from your car.
Appreciate 1