Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i - Sport PKG

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
My car came with swirl marks in the hood that I only saw in bright sunlight. It is a big bummer, but it's been a while now and I decided not to dwell on the negative, to try to get this taken care of and to continue enjoying the fabulous car. I'm in the precess of arranging for the hood to be repainted by the dealer (although I'm not sure I should do this to a new car).

I cannot wash the car myself where I live but I've only had it hand-washed at a detailing place and it got washed a few times at the dealer. I do clean up bird droppings and insects myself using the finest terry cloth or micro fiber rags.

With all this care (the maximum I could give the car), I'm starting to see more swirl marks in different places on the car as well as tiny superficial scratches where some less than prestine rags have been used The car still looks awesome to any casual observer, but to me, I see all these imperfections in my baby.

I thought I would be able to prevent swirl marks and tiny superficial scratches by sticking to hand washes at good places and being careful by removing bird droppings and insects as fast as possible, but it seems that this is not going ot happen.

So I would like hear from more experienced fine black car owners who care about their cars.

Is this the best I could expect? Should my remedy be regular waxing and/or employing things like the zaino process? Would doing that cover up these imperfections? Should that be my plan going forward?

Thank you in advance for any information or advice.

OP, Here is what I would do if I had a black car with swirls.

1. cover rock chips
2. Get two step paint correction done
3. Install clear bra to cover half of hood, front bumper and fenders
4. get paint, glass, rims coated with Ceramic coating
5. now maintenance- if had washed, I would use 8 wash mitts, one of each panel.

if you have access to hose, I would invest in foam soak for pre-soak, rinse and then use foam gun to apply soap on entire car. use bucket with water and soap , rinse wash mitt in bucket.

Use one mitt for each panel with no pressure, flip it over and wipe, please note you are using each side of wash mitt one time wipe, throw it away and take another, dip it into bucket, and wipe panel with no pressure

Basically you are wiping the loose dirt with one time wipe with each wash mitt,

rinse the entire car, cover the car with foam using foam gun again, take fresh wash mitts and wash, rinse.

for drying, I use this towel, I have three of them

Big Blue Microfiber Drying Towel https://www.autogeek.net/big-blue-drying-towel.html

Key thing here is a one wash mitt each panel. feel free to ask me any questions you have.
Appreciate 0