02-05-2014, 04:36 PM   #3381
SacTownN54
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84 View Post
Just so you know the Procede came first and the JB4 was a duplicate of it (although it was good for competition). The Procede works exactly the same as the JB4. I'm not trying to convince you to buy my setup lol. I'm just pointing out what you don't yet know, so please don't think I'm trying to convince you or anything.

With the vishnu e85 setup you can run any amount of e85 you wish and you can fill up with gasoline anytime you wish since the sensor sends the % info to the procede. With the Jb4 setup if you want to turn off e85 you MUST finish whats in the tank otherwise you will run into huge fuel issues if you turn the JB4 off (over 20 e85, don't forget we already have 10% in our gas so you have to calculate that in too when filling up).

If you want an full on an off setup you'll have to avoid e85 since you can't turn the tune off when running it. Lastly, you can't run over e30 without a custom backend flash for the JB4. You can use a Cobb or BT Cable to do this. When your E85 ratios change from say 50% to 80% you have to re-flash the car with a new Fuel Scaler to match. Which means you have to test your ethanol % when filling up as well as record what you have in the tank already and calculate that in. E85 is very FUN I probably gained 40-50hp from it alone and its very addicting too. I stopped using it after summer and thought about getting back into it, but right now premium is $3.39 (last i was at costco) and e85 is $3.09 which to me is far from worth it with the loss in MPG right now. If i was going to the track or something id do it. Either way, I'd look into what you really want for the car and pick your tune from their. If you have any questions we'll all be here to help unbiasedly as well.

FYI if you have a Warranty and plan to have any Warranty work done its highly recommended that you remove your Procede/JB4 before taking it in. Its why Cobb and open flash users prefer their tune since its just a software removal instead of getting your hands dirty. Also if you do visit BMW go to Neillo in Elk Grove they are WAY better than the one near Arden Mall.

Wow thanks for all the info Buster. I know you're just giving me info and I really do appreciate it. I haven't been in a car with e85 in the tank so I haven't been bitten by the bug yet, but it sounds like a PITA. There is a 76 station on watt/Marconi that has 100 octane fuel that I would probably dump in if was trying to race it.

I haven't personally dealt with Niello Elk Grove, but my parents have gotten their last 3 BMW's from there and they have nothing but nice things to say about them. In fact, they just picked up a 550i from there a couple days ago. Talk about fast! I've never felt a car accelerate like that before. Hopefully I can find a tune quickly so I can try and keep up!

So just to clarify, the JB4 map does not account for fuel changes? I thought that was what map 5 was for? Please keep in mind that I've only be researching this stuff for the past couple days (although I've been glued to my comp screen for many hours a day). Thank you guys for all the tips and keep them coming!
Appreciate 0