View Single Post
      05-22-2012, 06:34 AM   #27
rmw04c
Jewbacca
Rep
Drives: 2011 SGM 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer View Post
But honestly, no offense but you're all idiots for running push fittings and the windshield washer reservoir.

Stop using cheap plastic push tubes and stop mounting your meth kit on the hot side of the engine.... At least use an fittings, braided lines and mount it in the trunk. Just because push fittings work on your Subaru doesn't mean squat here. And stop running 90/10 80/20 if you're going to use the windshield wiper reservoir.

Fire was on the driver's side...and probably calling him an idiot the day after his car catches fire for a different reason than you're stating is...maybe a bit over the top?

I agree though that using the WW reservoir combined with cheap equipment and high mixtures is a recipe for disaster, though. With such a low boiling point, having an already volatile liquid evaporating at an extremely fast rate is asking for a fire. I mean ask yourself this...would you be putting fuel in a tank like that and using cheap rubber tubing to pipe it in? Probably not.