11-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #42
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Should you have specific questions regarding your vehicle, we suggest talking to the service team at your local BMW center. A list of our authorized BMW centers categorized by name, state or ZIP Code can be found on our website at: www.bmwusa.com, under “Dealer Locator.”

For any non-technical inquiries, you can contact the Customer Relations and Services Department at 1-800-831-1117, Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time.

Sincerely,

Emily Dunn
Customer Relations and Services
Representative
FYI, I discussed carbon buildup with my service team leader today in the course of a broader conversation. His response what that while he had seen carbon issues on a number of BMW engines (as Lexus, Audi, etc), he has not yet heard of any on the d. He did go on to say, however, that the problem usually rears its head in the gas vehicles after around 75k, but he does not have many diesel service clients with that kind of mileage. He suggested that i stay on top of oil changes and do what I can to fill up with the cleanest fuel possible.

Off the record, he unofficially recommended that--if it is a personal concern to me--i investigate possible additive options (although he felt that the success thereof may be limited by the direct injection design).

My Picture Threads (Oldest to Newest): 1 2 3
Join BMW CCA! (Use my link and I get credit )
Appreciate 0