Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerg35335 View Post
So I am waiting for the vrsf 5in IC at the end of the month then will probably pull the trigger on a 30-50% e85 etune from HPF. Vneblob42, maybe you can help me out here considering it will be a stage 1+ fmic tune. My concern is in the difference ethanol content in e85. I know it can be as low as e70 and do not want to test the fuel on every fill up. If the car is tuned on e85 but my next fill up has a lower ethanol content (due to e85 variations) can this cause damage or will the dme make appropriate corrections without damage. Obviously, I don't want significant timing corrections. I have considered swithing to the jb4 for this reason (autotuning) but would really like to stay with my Cobb. I'm hoping the tune will be mild enough to account for variations. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks in advance.
It's tough to really say. It's best to stick with the same pump station to help chances of consistency. Try to use a good quality, like propel fuels, which I think is only located here in the west coast.

I was pro e tuning for over a month with several fill ups and the logs were never drastically different. It's just best to log here and there, may not be necessary at every fill up, but maybe if you go to a different station.

Also, the winter blends could be different then summer, I would consider to have your tuner to review logs again in the summer time.

In the end my car did fine with many fill ups, just be consistent with your blends and you'll be fine.

You should expect to see numbers like this with E50

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=746740

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0