View Single Post
      03-29-2019, 08:08 PM   #334
beetle6986
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi, E70 X5 50, 04 Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle6986 View Post
Replaced the O2 sensor in bank 1. Didn't help anything.

I'm starting to wonder if the car has a blown headgasket from overheating when the water pump went out the second time (almost a year ago). The car went into limp mode with reduced power. I drove it about another 5 miles on reduced power until I parked it as it wouldn't drive anymore under its own power due to the computer limiting. It was freezing outside when this happened. The next day I started the car and drove it home. It hardly started at first. Once it did start it smoked and misfired horribly for a few minutes. Turns out the water pump mechanics didn't fail. The housing actually cracked allowing all of the coolant to leak out. Possibly it had a minor gasket leak that has slowly gotten worse.

Car passed blown head gasket test.

However, I think I had a break through today with some with something else. I pulled fuse 26 which disables the awd system. The car does not misfire with this fuse out. So I believe it isn’t actually a misfire. I think the issue is related to the transfer case or the 4x4 system. It just feels exactly like a misfire.
Appreciate 0