View Single Post
      05-22-2019, 08:24 AM   #65
Darth335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbyfor View Post
I've just installed an AVIN 8.8" screen in my E93, not the same as the Eonon but it also runs Android (Oreo 8.1). It's a direct replacement for the old CCC screen and system and I love it. Touch screen, Carplay, Android Auto, DAB+ radio, reverse camera, handsfree and GPS. It was a marathon to install but would be a lot easier if I had to do it again. I've now got Netflix, Amazon video/music, Spotify and I picked up a decent deal on a 4g MIFI with 20gb a month for £8 from 3 so it now has its own dedicated 4g Wifi connection/hotspot.

Using Google assistant I can turn on my house lights, TV, heating and any other Google assistant command all from the car.

Sound quality is excellent although I'm no audophile, I did have an issue to start with but turning the media volume down from full to half on the unit and using the original volume from the car sorted that.

Fit was suspect as the screen fixing holes didn't line up with the originals but was easily remedied by sliding the original captive nuts off, trimming around 5mm off the end of the plastic tabs and sliding the nuts back on, this brought the captive nuts 5mm forward and the fit is now perfect.

I've also got a WIFI OBD2 dongle but haven't played with that yet as I'm assuming I'll lose my internet connection when using it?

Do you have a link for the unit?
Appreciate 0