11-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky68 View Post
I had a e46 330cic and now a e90 335i with auto box and flappy paddles. Cant say i have noticed the issues you are describing but, i do drive mine mainly in manual mode. Is it possible this could be down to a ecu/mapping issue?
Mines a standard car Sparky68, I chose from experience to try the Gear Box software update as it really transformed my old re mapped E46 330d and as far as I could see so early on it felt Gear Boxish if you follow me.

Now having loaded the latest software to my car the symptoms are sadly still present meaning that I need to look perhaps elsewhere. Gearbox had no faults recorded pre/post update so I need to look further afield at perhaps updating ECU software and/or clearing adaptations to see if this helps matters.

The main issue for me at the moment stems from the fact that the car is mainly used for my commute which is a short journey often broken up by a fair bit of stop start traffic hence the problem as such is always close by.

Sounds like I'm not alone re auto issues http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442633
Appreciate 0