stevers314
packet jockey
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M Sport

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIwyse View Post
Not sure if this was how stevers314 got his to trigger or not? Also curious, are you injecting pre IAT sensor? I am, and thought the quick and significant change in IAT's, as measured with the Bav Tech tool, when injection kicked in might have had something to do with getting into the mode. But I no longer have EGR, so didn't get a chance to pursue that line of thought further.
I am injecting pre-IAT (off topic, anyone know how to disconnect that sensor?). Both the 60cc and 225cc nozzles are right above where the metal part of the pipe begins.

I triggered it somehow just by chance. Was driving through cincinnatti on I71 when I noticed torque was showing 0% EGR commanded. Interesting note is that torque also showed a steady ~84 degree IAT which did not move much at all when i pushed the car. I even quit torque and reopened it to see those two gauges stay the same way.

Currently I am progressing from 10-19psi with the 225 nozzle kicking in at 20. Zero quench. Quite sure i will be stepping the big nozzle up to 375cc but I cannot decide yet if i want to purchase a 100cc nozzle to replace the 60, or try using a 175 in its place. I like being able to inject at slightly moderate loads and would probably have to raise the activation point.

If i can figure out a way of switching the system on based on RPM I'll do that too because I think the swirl flaps are causing some beading at low RPM which results in quench.