Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Black 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasmiller2015 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonM335i View Post
Fidelity.
I just pulled a sample contract from Fidelity (https://www.sppexpress.net/images/JMA_VSC.pdf), and at the bottom of page 6, it says this:

Quote:
OUR OPTIONS: FWS will pay the repair facility directly or reimburse YOU for the repair or replacement of any Covered Part. Replacement parts utilized in connection with a MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN will be, at the discretion of FWS, new or remanufactured OEM parts, new or remanufactured aftermarket parts or used parts that meet the quality standards of the repair facility or FWS.
I assume you're having it repaired at Long Beach BMW? Dealers use new, genuine parts most (if not all) of the time, so if you get it repaired there, they'll specify new, genuine parts when they go to get approval from Fidelity. However, it does look like Fidelity has the option to have it repaired with used parts (assuming the contract I found is the same as yours). Not sure how the dealer would handle that, but if it's anything like collision insurance, they'll pay for the cost of the used/aftermarket/like-new part and the consumer can choose to pay the difference out of pocket to have new parts installed.

Ultimately, you won't know for sure until the claim to Fidelity is made. Just make sure they let you know if it's new or used before you authorize them to start the repair.
Okay, great. I appreciate your help. Yeah, I am getting it fixed at Long Beach BMW. The guy I spoke with at BMW seemed pretty confident it would be new parts, he even said he would argue on my behalf for new parts, but who knows. He seemed relieved that I had the warranty and even said I pretty much won the lottery due to getting a new engine. He could've just been blowing smoke up my ass. When he mentioned that fidelity does reserve the right to use used parts, I got a little concerned. Overall, he sounded pretty genuine, and I have a feeling that the Long Beach BMW is going to get it taken care of. I just bought the car from them about a month or so ago. Fingers crossed. I'll update when everything is said and done.

Thanks again!
Appreciate 1