View Single Post
      06-01-2018, 01:25 PM   #4
maxor
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseJunkie View Post
This probably isn't much help, but I had the same issue when my DMTL pump quit on me. The only difference is that it only happened for the first 20-30 miles AFTER filling the tank to full. Eventually it threw an MIL which lead me to replacing it. Never had an issue since.

Are you able to replicate the shudder with the vehicle in P or neutral with ebrake up?
How about while under load while parked? ie. car in drive or 1st gear, give it gas while applying the brake (ebrake, lightly let off clutch if its 6mt) If so, try to put a fuel gauge on the car and have someone watch the gauge while you replicate the studder.
Any codes stored in the DME?
While in park, no issues at all its only when i give it some gas that it has issues.

Don't get me wrong, it will drive 80 mph + without a problem on half a tank of gas but i have to keep it stable, if give it gas at any time, for example trying to pass a car on the fwy, i feel the knock / loss of power.

Can be felt in first gear as well, No codes stored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnuke View Post
Do you think you may have gotten any floating debris in the tank? I had a friend who got pranked with the ping pong ball prank (cut it and shove it in the tank) and the symptoms were similar especially as the tank was draining. Needless to say, the individual who got caught had a hefty bill to pull out the pump and drop the tank!
Could be debris, However i don't want to think about that right now

I know the bill on that would be astronomical
Appreciate 0