View Single Post
      01-14-2019, 06:28 PM   #12
biz77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by robthewrench View Post
If you think they are scamming you, ask them the cost to replace the hose if done with the waterpump work or if done separately. If they quote you the exact same cost, they are not being truthful. There should be some savings to the job being done at the same time as the waterpump, even if it is only the coolant drain, fill, and purge.

You can always tell them only to fix the waterpump. You can then get estimates from other dealers or independents to do just the hose.

Just as a note of caution, I believe your 550 has the N63 engine. That engine, at least the ones from ~2008-2014 are known to have tons of problems. Be happy that you have it as a lease and do not own it.
The N63TU which came out for the 2014 model year in the 5-series addressed most of the issues of the original N63 and they are actually quite reliable. This 2018 has at least the TU2 or even the TU3 updated N63 engine. It's likely statistically more reliable than the N55 in your 335i.

I've seen rodents tear into cooling system plumbing before, but only after they had gotten into something like d-Con and become extremely desperate for water.
Appreciate 0