View Single Post
      01-14-2019, 08:09 PM   #14
550iflip
Rep
Drives: 2018 bmw 550i

Thank you for the comments. I went in person and this gets really weird... I asked them to show me the rodent damage in person, and they show me part of the hose that wasn't in the pictures they sent earlier. The mechanic said: "Surely you must've known you had a rodent issue if you cable tied dryer sheets around all the hoses, which is known to help deter rats." I asked him what the heck is he talking about, and he showed me all the places there is dryer sheets cable tied to the hoses.

I've had the car for a year now and I would of remembered if I ever did something ridiculous like this. Nobody has had it besides me. So they either

A) Leased me a car that had a known rodent problem (it had 2k miles on it as a loaner vehicle they used but leased it out to me which helped with the monthly payments to be lower, in my mind it's still practically a new car

B) Are trying to make it look like I did this and I put the dryer sheets because "I must've known" I had a rodent issue if I would've went to those lengths.

C) Loaned it out as a loaner to someone for a decent amount of time, where they must've known they had a rat problem (perhaps their car was being worked on in the shop for rodent damage) and the inspection when they sold the car to me never caught it.

All 3 examples are just speculation but I can't think of anything else.... I attached some pics of the hose that looks nibbled as well as the dryer sheets. This is pretty ridiculous and I'm waiting to talk to the guy that sold me the car tomorrow. I find it hard to believe it passed it's pre-sales inspection and nobody noticed dryer sheets and would've cut them off, in case I ever find them or it came to this situation.

I'm not really sure what to think at this point...
Appreciate 0