View Single Post
      02-11-2020, 12:50 PM   #12
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissubaru View Post
Do you guys who daily your car with a single turbo kit actually get to enjoy all the power? If so, do you have a radar detector? Personally I'm starting to doubt my ability to enjoy owning a high HP vehicle in the area that I live in. Traffic is shit and cops are most likely hiding around somewhere. First week I got my car I floored it up to 85mph getting on the highway and got pulled over.

I think that would be my regret, going ST and not being able to use it. I also have an 1990 twin turbo 300zx with upgraded turbos that dynoed at 489whp so I'm kinda tied up with two pretty fast cars rather than one monster. Would probably have to sell the Z if I wanted to go single turbo.
That's what I've been wondering. Even with 400-ish HP at the wheels, it's hard to really use much of the power.....unless I'm wanting to do something stupid and/or get a ticket.

For those of you who are making 700-ish HP.....can you even get into the throttle much on the streets, or do you mainly drag/track your cars? I've thought about doing a single turbo.....but I think for a daily driver, it's kind of a waste of money except for the few times you might actually get to use the power.
2007 335i, BMS DCI, BMS Chargepipe w/Tial BOV, ARM Catless Downpipes, silicone inlets, Bilstein B12 Prokit Suspension, Whiteline subframe bushings, Front/Rear M3 control arms, G-Plus FMIC, Stage 2 LPFP, Custom E40 tune by Justin (V8Bait), xHP stage 3 transmission flash, RB Two Turbos....10.90 @ 128mph
Appreciate 0