09-07-2005, 12:56 PM   #93
Petercat
Cat Herder
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR3, again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC 330i
...You know what the best thing about the BMW traction control in our cars is? The fact that you can turn it totally off! I like the DTS setting too, but it will only let you get so far sideways before it will clamp down on the brakes to keep you going straight. That slows you down in most situations. An automatic slows you down too, but for slightly different reasons.

... But if you do drive an automatic, I don't want to hear about how your BMW handles better or peforms better than x car, because it probably doesn't.
The analogy between the auto and the DTC /DST is the best I've heard so far. Good Job.

I'm not so sure about the handling characteristics of an auto vs. manual. I would certainly agree that the "driving experience" is different (better). But the weight of the transmission is in the right spot where is wouldn't effect handling much (or at all).

I'm not about to bash any car, I love most all cars. I will say this though, my '06 e90 does handle much better than my '05 A4 did. Loved the a4, but the e90 is much more in tune with the road. IMHO