View Single Post
      09-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #426
bimmernotbeamer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy2003 View Post
Hey David, bananas writeup dude!!!. I just got my 2010 e90 m sport that was a lease vehicle and the jackass didnt care much for the paint. I want to get started on the car today since the weather here in nw florida has been rain non stop and I have a break in the weather to do it. That being said is there a suitable sup that can be had at places such as oreillys or lowes so I can capitalize on this weather? I used my old crappy walmart buffer and it didnt work for anything so I was going to buy the porter cable today but Id like to get started today as well. I see all kinds of backing plates, polishing pads ect at oriellys but they are not lake county brand more along the lines of meguiars. Will these suffice until I can find time and money to order the suggested supplies?

Edit: Will this kit serve my needs, and what else would be recommended along with this kit?
http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-maximum-shine-kit.html
Thanks for the kind words. If you can pick up the meguiars polishing pads locally, then go for it. I use them as well and like them a lot.

The kit you linked is good. If I were you I would also buy a foam cutting pad, and would not use the glaze as it is pointless. It will wash off after one rain fall. You will want to use Zaino all in one after polishing and then finish with Z2 as your last step sealant. If you want to buy something locally, then any over the counter wax from mothers or meguiars will do after the Menzerna.
Appreciate 0